We are excited to be a part of your commitment to train and rear your child in the fear of the Lord. Our prayer is that God’s favor is upon you and your family. Dedicating your child is an important decision. The nurturing and guidance of your little one requires prayer, quality time, biblical instruction, and sacrifice to develop those God given talents and abilities that Our Lord has bestowed upon your child.
The Purpose and Meaning of Dedication:
Child dedication is a public commitment you make before God, your church, and your family. The dedication service provides you, the parent(s), an opportunity to express publically your desire to lead and spiritually nurture your child in cooperation with the Holy Spirit so that your child will develop a desire to love God and others.
Dedicating a child acknowledges God’s sovereignty not only over the child, but also over mother and father. Parents present their child before God and His people asking for grace and wisdom in carrying out their responsibilities trusting and believing that their child will one day trust Jesus Christ as Savior for the forgiveness of sin.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7, “Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on their children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
Children are a gift from God. Psalm 127:3, proclaims that “Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him.” As believers we are called to recognize that children belong first and foremost to God. God in his goodness gives children as gifts to parents. They not only have the awesome responsibility of caring for this gift, but also the wonderful privilege of enjoying the gift. Because children belong to God and are given by grace as gifts to parents, it is only proper and appropriate that children be dedicated back to God.
We are told in 1 Samuel 1, that Hannah presented her son Samuel to the Lord. In Luke 2:22, we read that Mary and Joseph brought their baby Jesus to the temple in Jerusalem in order to present him before the Lord. In the same way, PARENT’S today bring their CHILDREN presenting first themselves and then the child before the Lord our God.
In keeping with the spirit of excellence in the ministry, the following guidelines should ensure a wonderful Baby Dedication Ceremony. Please feel free to contact the church office if you have any questions.
1. The child being dedicated must not exceed twenty four (24) months old.
2. The parent/guardian(s) must call the church office at least one month in advance to schedule a baby dedication. Baby Dedication Ceremonies are performed on the Second Sunday of each month.
3. The Member Services Department will arrange a brief meeting with the parent/guardian(s) prior to the service. If for some reason that the parent/guardian(s) miss the appointment, the parent/guardian(s) must call the Member Services Department the next day to reschedule.
A. A copy of the Baby Dedication Ceremony Guidelines will be mailed or emailed to the parent/guardian(s). Upon receipt of the Guidelines, call the church office to schedule a meeting with the Member Service Department.
B. All participants (the baby being dedicated and the parent/guardian(s) names must be placed on the form that will be provided to the parent/guardian(s). The completed form must be given to the Member Services Department at the time of meeting.
4. Reserved seating will be provided for those invited guest who are present during the service. The Member Service Department will notify our Usher Department of the reserved seating that’s reported on the Information Form.
5. Any additions or changes to the invited guest number should be reported to the Member Services Department one week prior to the Baby Dedication Ceremony.
6. On the day of dedication, we ask that you arrive 10-15 minutes before service starts. We will meet with the parents a few minutes before the service in order to explain where they should stand in the main foyer.
7. When prompted, the baby to be dedicated along with the parent/guardian(s), family and friends are to come forward.
8. You will receive a Baby Dedication Certificate.
9. You may pick up a FREE DVD copy of the Baby Dedication Ceremony.